Grinder CBN Wheel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scjohnson243

WOW.. I just got in my 180Grit CBN Wheel for my grinder to sharpen all my tools last night and I cant tell you how big of a difference it made in my sharpening!!

Most of you guys know I'm pretty new at this, I bought the Woodcraft 8" slow speed grinder, still had problems getting good edges on tools... I bought the Wolverine grinding jigs... Was easier, but the white wheels had a good "bounce" when I was trying to put it down on the blade, and my cuts always burned the tops of the tools (All user error, not a tool problem, but something I was dealing with)...

I went to the local woodworker meeting and one guy was going on and on about his... I tried it last night and I dont think my tools have EVER been as sharp as they were... its probably close to the edge some of you guys were working with, but for a new guy with limited experience it made a HUGE difference.. My tools are cutting SO much better now...

Anyway, They are pricey, but according to D-way tools I should never have to replace it, which I really liked.. If you have the oppertunity get one!!!

(I got mine from D-Way tools and its great, But I'm sure there are other providers around... Make sure you get the bushing)

Thanks!!!

Edward Cypher

Was at the Loveland Symposium and Kirk Deheer was telling us how great the new 400 cbn wheels are. Every time you get that new thing they come up with something else. He had the 180's and sweared by them now he says the 400 make it way more sharp than the 160........ such a vortex.

scjohnson243

Well, I'm not on the "Cutting Edge" HAH! GET IT.. Nevermind, not enough coffee.

I am sticking with the single 180 for now, it does everything I want, and if you believe what you read, it never has to be replaced... So now I can throw the cash at something else when the wife isn't looking.

Top Bottom