Greetings, New Pen Maker. Jackson Robinson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello everyone. Really glad to be here. I'm new to forums so I'm having a little trouble finding what I need in the sea of great info.

Im just looking for a solid list of tools needed, like what chucks i need, what tap and die sets / drill bit sizes need to give kitless fountain pen making a go. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jackson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Welcome. I don't do kitless so I can't give you any advice but if you click on Forums near the top of the page and then click on Advanced Penmaking I believe you will find info on kitless.

rockb

Hi Jackson....the IAP Archives has answers to just about every question ever asked but the guys are always willing to help too. Welcome from California... Rocky

wob50

Welcome from Louisiana
Yes the search link at the top of the page helps a lot
Look under the tools section and it should point you in the right direction
I have not done kitless pens. But a lot of info in the forum

TimS124

At the top of the page, there's a blue block with the word, "Library" in it....click that...once that page loads, there's a bit search field that will let you quickly search the library (which has lots of articles on all sorts of things)...tell the library's search box you want to search for "kitless".

That will produce quite a few results, along with a summary of each article so you can quickly focus on the ones most likely to have the info you're after.

If that doesn't provide enough info, do a similar search on the forums....that search will let you focus solely on finding "kitless" in the titles of threads or anywhere within threads. But odds are, you can get a bunch of what you want from within the Library.

If you're still missing answers, create a new thread in the forums...others may have the same questions and just haven't asked them yet.

Welcome aboard!

BSea

Welcome from Arkansas!

Also look in the "Advanced Pen Making" sub forum. You can search there too. I've done some kitless pens. And there isn't a one size fits all answer to what you want to do. Part of the fun of doing a kitless pen, is the design. You can wing it, an produce a usable pen. And frankly, that's how I did my 1st few. Having said that, I'd suggest you start with a kitless click pen. There is a great tutorial in our Library. It lets you learn the fundamentals on something a bit easier.

Here's the link: http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/kitlessclickpen.pdf

And here's another sort of beginner kitless (If there is such a thing). It uses a section and a clip from a kit: http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/kitless_pen.pdf

Those should help you get started. Have fun!

Top Bottom