Greetings from MA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack

I joined a couple of months ago but haven't posted.

I took up wood turning a few months ago and have turned about 15 pens--all from kits--using a variety of wood and acrylic blanks.

I hope to gain (and impart as I become more experienced) useful information from this site.

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Hey Mack!! Welcome from the other end of the state (Agawam/Springfield area) We've had a bif of a run on new members in the New England area, so here's my pitch for the Local Chapter: Check it out in the Local Chapter section here, it's the New England Chapter, and it's got a bunch of great people you can learn a lot from. We meet at Woodcraft in West Springfield on the 3rd Sunday of every other month, with March being a meeting month. I know it's a decent drive from the Boston area, but if you're willing to make the trip, you're sure to have a great time and maybe learn a thing or three...

ctubbs

Welcome Michael, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/librar...en_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.
Charles

Crayman

Hi Mack welcome, not sure what town north of Boston you are from but if you need help I am in Danvers. I have way to many blanks ( wifes opinion) if you want to come over and get some, I am moving so some reduction is needed.

Justturnin

Welcome to the big show. Nothing wrong w/ Kits, I prefer the looks of them. Not to say I dont like all the kitless floating around here.

danrs

Welcome. Indeed there is a lot of very useful info here. Some mighty good folks here also. The pens "WOW!"

Top Bottom