Greetings from Hampton Roads, VA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FidemScit

I have popped in as a lurker now and then, but recently decided to join in on the fun.

I do sometimes make pens, but more often make custom shaving brushes using PR that I cast. I am 99% self taught except for a 2 hour lesson from a local friend.

Since my hobby turned into a small business, I thought I would join to learn from some of the other pen turners on techniques of casting resin and turning. Eventually, I would like to make myself a nib without a pen kit, but it isn't in the stars in the near future.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bear-31

The Hampton Roads Pen Turners do meet at Woodcraft. Our next meeting is actually this Saturday. There are no membership fees and any and all are welcome to join us.

The Tidewater Turners also meet out of Woodcraft monthly if you are interested in making more than pens.

Hi Peter, as Bear mentioned, we have our bi-monthly meeting on Saturday. Since it's the first meeting of the year, we are doing an information "meet and greet". A few members will be giving short demonstrations but we encourage all our locals to join the fun sharing what you like about our favorite hobby. 9:30am - 12:00pm at the Norfolk Woodcraft on Saturday, January 10.

Top Bottom