Greene & Greene Sideboard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alawoodman

alawoodman

greenetable1108.jpg

I've been gone for a few months, working on other projects. I was formerly cdcarter, but never could get that logon verified on the new system, so had to change my ID. (They keep catching up to me.) :biggrin:

I'm just getting cranking again on pens, but meanwhile, this is what I've been up to -- a Greene & Greene-inspired sideboard of sorts. The original is from the workshop of Peter and John Hall, but nobody knows exactly what it was intended to be. Somebody had cut the bottom off and made it a coffee table.

Some touches that were nice challenges ... exposed finger joints, ebony splines and ebony plugs. Also, this thing has two "fronts" -- it looks the same on the other side.

I made this as my daughter's wedding present.

Carl

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Beautiful work Carl . I love Green & Green Flat work . The Craftsman era had allot of giants but they were the tops . Their architectural work is unequaled to this day .

alawoodman

Greene & Greene

Beautiful work Carl . I love Green & Green Flat work . The Craftsman era had allot of giants but they were the tops . Their architectural work is unequaled to this day .

I enjoyed this one, but I don't know that I'd want to make it a career. I like the ebony splines and plugs because they're different, but one or two is enough. Too much and they're not different any more.

Top Bottom