Gray wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Is there any wood that is naturally gray in color?

Yes, it does exist, but please don't ask me for names, I've got a couple, one has come from a neighbors back yard garden, I was told that was Marble Queen but it is definitely not. I was like a small tree in shape about 2 meters tall that died among a mini forest he had at one corner of the yard. The main trunk was about 2"1/2 diameter and about 1 meter tall before it did open into branches.

I never saw it green or in flower (if any), I remember that when he cut it in 2 and put it in the bin outside, the bark was still on, and was nearly white. Not long after that the bark fall off completely and I kept that 1 meter long piece in my shed for at least 3 years before I cut it in pen blanks. The wood had lots of cracks and little knots all over so if was difficult to get clean pen blanks but I manage a few.

I gave some of them as "gifts" to people that purchase other pen blanks, I made a few as Resifills and If I'm not totally mistaken, I should have a couple of them left. These are a dark grey...!

I can get also dark(ish) grey wood, just thick enough for pen blanks, out of the outer layer of a local variety of Blue River Gum...!

I don't know what sort of grey you are looking after but, if dark grey does the job, let me know.

I don't have any pics with me at the moment of those 2 blanks but, that can be arranged...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom