Gratitude

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I guess now days, this is a lost concept.

People ask for help, but after receiving it, they can't even reciprocate or say a simple thank you.

Although there are those that take advantage, I will continue to do what I can for those I can help. I refuse to let the actions of a few, affect the many.

I know as a whole, this community is better than this. I don't have much to offer, but I will give it freely, if it will help another.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

I sympathize with you. While not related here, I have helped many over the years and it has been appreciated by few. I once verbalized this when a woman trying to start her own business and drive a hard bargain was surprised when I offered to rent her the lower levels of two co-joined Main Street locations for $1 a month for the first year. She asked why I would do that for a stranger. Besides explaining to her why she needed to hang on to her money, I told her that sometimes people need a "hand-up" and I liked to give them a chance if possible. She asked how that worked out. Told her that at least 9 times out of 10 it not only did not work out but the help was never acknowledged or remembered, I wouldn't be thanked and would sometimes be blamed if things didn't work out. But, on the occasion it actually does help it feels pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

Rounder

From the other side of that, when I say thank you to someone, especially at a place of business and they answer back"Not a Problem", I just want to reach over and slap the whatever out of them. What ever happened to "Your Welcome"? And if it is a business, it dang sure better not be a problem because it is your job!!! They need a common courtesy class in school since obviously people aren't learning it at home anymore.

Top Bottom