Graduate in Banded Malachite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

brownsfn2

I really loved how this one turned out so I had to share. The Malachite turns and finishes really nice. I was not expecting much when I started because I really do not like green. I really like the look of this though. The Graduate kit is nice to show off material. The main body is so long it is really a cool feature.

I turned between centers, sanded, micro meshed, and buffed.

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

This kit sure does show off that blank!

Not much of a 'green blank kinda guy either....but your fit-n-finish is great! Makes for a cool St. Patty's Day pen too!!!

Scott

brownsfn2

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Yes that is the Graduate with the Magnetic Cap. They also have the vertex which is kind of cool as well. Next up I am going to order the magnetic one from Craft Supplies and see how that works.

hewunch

The blank and the finish on it look fantastic. Your pictures are really polished too!
Have you tried writing with it? It looks like it would be uncomfortable, but that may just be my take on it. I don't want to take anything away from what you did, because the grip wasn't your design. What you did is fantastic!

brownsfn2

I got to tell you that I thought about keeping it before I posted it for sale. It fit so well in my hand that I think it would be really comfortable to right with. I have made much better quality kits but I really like how much material you get to show off with this kit as well.

The blank and the finish on it look fantastic. Your pictures are really polished too!
Have you tried writing with it? It looks like it would be uncomfortable, but that may just be my take on it. I don't want to take anything away from what you did, because the grip wasn't your design. What you did is fantastic!

brownsfn2

I posted the cap and shook it slightly back and forth and it did not come off. Then I simulated writing aggressively with it (did not want to dirty the nib) and no movement. I did not want to shake it too violently so it did not fall on the floor. :)

great looking pen nice job
how strong is that magnet?

brownsfn2

It is trustone from a posting on ebay from R and B crafts. These were supposed to be discards but this piece of Malachite was perfect. R and B has great service!

That is a beautiful pen. Malachite is not hard to turn...that is if it is from Tru-stone.

Top Bottom