Graced By Good Fortune

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently had an inquirey from a customer of mine about making some pens for their best customers as gifts. I made a sample of a Junior Statesman and a full Statesman. Well, he ordered 20, a mix of the two and a few Gentlemens pens as well. This is my largest single order. Many of you know, the sales help me to Promote my Pens For Canadian Peacekeepers project.

As a thought I also I see many excellent turners here who make quality pens, you might consider this avenue for sales of your fine work, I was blown away by the response.

Just thought I'd share the experience with people who know how truely wonderful this feeling is, no one else would understand, right!

2005111623847_IMG_3947.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Good looking pens and a great sale. I think I'll go beat my stock broker into submission to do the same thing - of course he wouldn't be giving me one of the pens!

Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />Nice job on the sale, Jim!! If you don't mind my asking, what kind of deal do you cut for bulk buys? I notice the leather pouches and all, a real class act!!

Thanks Dave,

Well it's a tough call, but I beleive my time is of value and I invest the right amount of time into each pen, so I do not cut my pen price at all. What I will do is make the leather pen cases less expensive or include them in the price. I am firm on my pricing, I work too hard to give it away.
[:)]

Ron Mc

Jim,
That's a great way to think! Regardless of whether you sell 5 pens or 200 it still takes the same amount of time to make each pen.

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Jim,
That's a great way to think! Regardless of whether you sell 5 pens or 200 it still takes the same amount of time to make each pen.

Hi Ron,

I have to be that way or I will become a slave to making inventory...I'd rather sell at my price and loose one sale than have discounts and be making pens for less than my worth...I don't mind holding inventory...one day each pen will find an owner in my mind...and I am fine till that day comes along as well....after all, it's the pasion of making them, not selling them that keeps me at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom