Gosh this is an ugly pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
I think I will take it to the MPG and enter it into the ugliest pen contest. See you at the MPG.

Attachments

• UgliestPen.jpg
    UgliestPen.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 560
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hcpens

Everything is ugly to some and beautiful to others! If you made it by hand, then it is your artwork and therefore... whatever you see in it. Remember the ugly duckling?

plantman

Bob; Ugly is in the eye of the beholder!! And after beholding your pen I think you are 100% correct, however it does have some cluster appeal. Pen shows that you are thinking outside the box, but a little to close to the scrap box. Nice conversation piece, garenteed to draw the eye to any display you have. Nice reconstruction. The ugly duckling turned into a swan, I don't think this one will ever leave the ground. Jim S

Last edited:

Brian G

I made one of those once, except I had trouble getting the pelt lined up with the hairs in the right direction. You nailed that part. :bulgy-eyes:

robutacion

Ok hell...!, I've seen lots of "pens" shapes, colours and materials used but that, gotta be, the most strange looking pen of them all, not ugly, no Sir, not that, I know ugly when I see it, that is is the strangest combination I ever saw as a pen...!

I have no idea of your state of mind when you decided to put that together as the holes were deliberately drilled for that purpose, I wonder if you though in making a "kabob" (my style) for casting with resin, and then change your mind and decided to install it all in a "cigar" kit...???

Now, take that anywhere and show it off, if you ever looked for a good "conversation piece", you hit the nail in the nogun...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

I like the way you integrated that deer body hair into the pen. It really sets it off. Fit and finish are just perfect. I love the way you made that smooth transition at the nib end. You have clearly mastered this hardware. Lets see what that same design looks like on a Roman Harvest. Also this shows real segmenting skill and should be posted in the no comments thread in segmenting...

Top Bottom