good PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

There has been some discussion recently about problems with PSI regarding shipping costs. I was unhappy to see that. My experience in the past with PSI has always been top-notch. Well, recently, I placed an order with them. It came yesterday and, disappointingly, two of the items (top kits) were not in the package but two wood pen boxes were in their place. (item numbers were not even similar) I called PSI this a.m. and reported the problem. Without any argument, they are sending me the proper items, priority mail, and told me to keep the boxes. Makes sense as shipping back would cost more than the boxes are worth. Plus they are keeping a long-time customer happy. This is typical of all my experiences with PSI.

20071010133249_thumbs%20up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bkc

I've always found PSI willing to right any wrong. I have to say just about all my orders have had errors, but they've taken care of them immediately.

Russianwolf

The only error I've ever had with them was they sent me two brushed satin (BS) Euro letter openers instead of the one 24k, one BS that the sampler pack was to contain. :shrugs: no difference to me. Oh and one came as a back-order, so I know it was a simple mistake.

GBusardo

I am really happy to hear that Frank. My only problem with PSI is that they did not let me know a kit was back ordered. When I received my order without those kits, I called them and they told me that the kit was on back order and did not know when the kit would be in. What got me going was that this was about a month before the holidays and precious time was wasted. I ended up ordering them from somewhere else. Before someone chimes in that I should have ordered from Woodturningz,(I would have loved to) I generally need to call them during the day to place an order and that usually don't work for me.

BigguyZ

I contacted PSI to see if they carried just the Atlas transmission- I broke one from a kit I bought at Woodcraft. They CS guy gave the the item number and price, but just mailed me one for free since I wasn't going to be making an order. I'm not really a customer yet, but already they've impressed me.

Chasper

Having spent most of my lifetime working in the consumer direct marketing industry, I'd like to point out what most of you have been saying; if a cataloger/online merchant makes a mistake, but makes and extra effort to make it right, the customer will forgive and remain a happy customer for the long term. If there is another mistake on the next order, they will not be as forgiving. Often the most loyal customers are those who have had a problem which was resolved promptly and fairly.

Don't forget about the merchants who got everything right the first time, they are doing a great job as well.

I placed an order with a discount tool catalog last year. When the order arrived the digital caliper I ordered was missing and there was a band saw blade I hadn't ordered. I called them up to make sure I was getting the caliper. After a 15 minute que time I was told that I would have to return the saw blade before they would ship the caliper. Assuming they were as messed up in their returns processing as their shipping, I ignored them, two weeks later the caliper arrived, I never did return that worthless saw blade. I ought to get it out and sell it on ebay. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom