Good News (for me)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I almost had an aorta valve replacement scheduled, but a second opinion from a Cardiologist I have had before when I had a triple bypass saved me from a lot of unnecessary pain, I went to this Cardiologist with a less than stellar reputation on a referral from my regular DR.
This Cardiologist #1 wouldn't let me do a tread mill stress test he has to do the drug induced stress, (heart attack), gets to run more patients that way, then he tells me a valve is too thick and isn't closing properly, but schedules my surgery for a month and a half.
My wife called my original cardio guy from Memphis and he says sure bring him in. He looked at #1s info and asked me if I could do a tread mill, I walk a mile or two every day, He said there was something causing the lower chamber to not get enough red stuff, So we went back to Memphis, and he did a Cath yesterday, My valve is fine, but I do need two small stints, Bad thing is I have to go back to Memphis the 30th for them. I HATE MEMPHIS, but I love it's Doctors, it's like a hundred miles from my house. But I'll tell you what, last night was the best nights sleep I've had in 3 weeks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Well, glad to hear that your condition is better than you once thought, and that you got away from the doc that sounds a bit confused over what is actually the problem.

And while you are in Memphis, you'll feel a lot better if you go and buy one of those cheaper $50 guitars from Wal-Mart and just bust it over the first guy's head that looks and dresses like Elvis. You'll feel a lot better!

bitshird

Thanks, The Bar B Q in Memphis is probably among the best in the world, almost as good as a place in Purcell Oklahoma, and a place in Leon Springs Texas.
My wife worked with a fellow that this guy did 6 stints over a 5 month period, he also tried to convince an acquaintance that she needed another bypass, I told her to go see my Dr. in Memphis and he said the Jackson Dr. was mistaken. Heart Surgery is the new Cesarean Section, very high dollar, and with new techniques pretty safe, One of the main reasons Memphis has the best Cardiologists and Heart Surgeons in the world is it's Bar B Q, but other than that It's a mean city

Good doctors are worth the travle expences. We travel about 130 miles to make sure our daughter has the best doctors when they are needed.

Glad to know its not quite as bad as what was originally thought.

bitshird

Originally posted by DocStram

That's good news, Ken. And thanks for buying a raffle ticket!
That was my wife and savior, she was reading over my shoulder, and having a pretty good Idea of what Tom and especially Kelly were going through wanted to do something, we wish it could have been more. And we're so happy for the both of them,

Ken,
Sounds like Cardio#1 falls into the category my surgeon in CA told me about... he said "if you meet a doctor that can give you a guarantee that he knows what is wrong, don't walk away from him, run like hell.... he is a quack.... there's a reason we still call it "practicing" medicine.

Glad to hear about the improvement in the diagnosis... I'm terrfied of ever having to have any kind of surgery on the heart. Fortunately, to date at 66 I'm still in good shape, even though my father died of a massive heart attack and four of my six uncles have had open heart surgery and ultimately 3 of those four have passed on. Of the other two, one of them died of heart failure(before heart surgery was all that common) and the other of pneumonia when he was only 20.

Keep up the walking, I'm told that is the best exercise we can do for ourselves and our hearts.

Top Bottom