Good deal on CL? JB DV-200N 7CFM Vac. Pump.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tim'sTurnings

I just picked this vacuum pump up off of Craigslist and wondered if this is a good pump for stabilizing, worthless wood and vacuum dyeing. It is a JB DV-200N 7CFM. I got a pen turner's stabilizing tank from Curtis.

Let me know if I got a good deal and if it will do the job. I got it for $150.00 and it looks like new. Also got the box, instructions and a partial bottle of oil.

JBDV-200N7CFM-size240.jpg

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I'd say its' a terrible deal, 7CFM. It hurts me to say this but I'd be willing to take that piece of junk off your hands for $100.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::good:

The only way to really know is to hook it up and run it. Keep track of your results and see if you get good penetration. Curtis has some real good info TurnTex Woodworks - MesquiteMan's Cactus Juice also look in the library here! The end result is in how many inches your pump can draw you down to! I am still new to this too but have read and read and also had several discussions here! Somewhere Curtis has a video that shows a glove that is tied up in a vacuum chamber and he shows the different stages of that glove as the vacuum is increased. It is an eyeopener!

KenV

If it pulls the high 20s n inches hg you got a steal.

If it pulls in the low 20s you got a really good deal for vacuum chucking.

Top Bottom