Gold Leaf and Cobalt Blue test

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Okay, so with my son doing his painted pen I wanted to try something rather bold. I've seen the gold flake blanks for sale, but I really wanted to add a twist on it in my own little way.

I'm looking to get a feel on what people think about this and if it's worth doing more of these in various colors which would look truly dynamic with the Gold. I wanted to see an accent color on this one so I didn't pack the resin as tight with the gold leaf. Doing this allows the viewer to see dimension pulling the gold leaf from tube to surface. The casted blank looks a lot like corn flakes:)

Thoughts, comments... SORRY for the shadow in the turned image. The blue shines from end to end...just a bad picture!

IF IT HAS A BRASS TUBE IN IT...DOES IT BELONG IN THE CASTING FORUM?

6215474979_303d9946d8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Looks great! Blue is my favorite color with the gold.

Sucks how much of the leaf is left once they get turned down though. That's my least favorite part...

Padre

They look super cool.

Can you recycle the leaf you turn off?

wiset1

Thanks everyone!

The image was relocated to the (Casting) forum from the (Show off your pens) forum since it wasn't on a kit and I said "Casting"...

Thank you for the feedback and I'll be sure to post more when they are both done...AND on a kit.

wiset1

Thanks Dave. I've got a couple more in the works now to see how they turn out. I can't see asking for money from anyone on the forum so I'll most likely just show how they are done when I get things worked out. That way everyone can make their own and come up with something better.

Papo

That's a really cool Blank Tim. You have been one of my to look up to guys in this forum since I started this hobby back in August of last year.It would really be fantastic to learn how to cast some of these blanks if you get to do a learning video from them.
Thanx again Buddy

Be Bless
Hector

wiset1

That's a really cool Blank Tim. You have been one of my to look up to guys in this forum since I started this hobby back in August of last year.It would really be fantastic to learn how to cast some of these blanks if you get to do a learning video from them.
Thanx again Buddy

Be Bless
Hector

Wow, thank you...but you and I have been turning about the same time. Aug of last year for me as well:eek: Just try everything and anything...you would be amazed at the box of trashed ideas that didn't work out. I'll post the how to when I'm able to do more than 3 or 4 without issue. Thanks again and best wishes!

Top Bottom