Going back to work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Walmart? WoodCraft? Would you like fries with that? Congrats regardless, now you can get those little extras for the shop.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Walmart? WoodCraft? Would you like fries with that? Congrats regardless, now you can get those little extras for the shop.

Mike, I heard a rumour that it's more like High Heels and Fishnets than burgers and hobbies...:laugh:

Congratulations Chuck , I hope you are taking it because you want to, rather than need to.:)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Quote"Mike, I heard a rumour that it's more like High Heels and Fishnets than burgers and hobbies...:laugh:

Congratulations Chuck , I hope you are taking it because you want to, rather than need to.:)"

If you had ever met Chuck You would know thats not an image you ever want to think about............:eek:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks FRIENDS!? :rolleyes: Well, it was quite a day.:frown: They stuck me in my first of three day training with a non-smoker. :frown: Not only a non-smoker but, not even a break? I ain't workin' there no more!:biggrin: (borrowed from Johnny Paycheck)

I really appreciate your support pals!:biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks FRIENDS!? :rolleyes: Well, it was quite a day.:frown: They stuck me in my first of three day training with a non-smoker. :frown: Not only a non-smoker but, not even a break? I ain't workin' there no more!:biggrin: (borrowed from Johnny Paycheck)

So now we'll see more pens...:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

So now we'll see more pens...:biggrin:
Not until that shed is done :redface::biggrin:

That just means it wasn't the job for you in the first place.
You are so right. :wink: I want the job where you just have to watch security monitors in an empty office building. Start out the shift with coffee & donuts. :) Have pizza & beer for lunch. :) End the day with Pepsi & Crown Royal :laugh: I'll start looking tomorrow :biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Must be a slave driver! I tell my guys, when I smoke, they can smoke. And I don't smoke:biggrin:. If you need a reference, I know a place hiring delivery drivers:rolleyes:

Scott

Aww, man! Too bad the job didn't work out! But it's nice to be able to refuse the work. After retiring I got lucky and picked up a Cush job that is three days per week. Four day weekends! They called me and hired me based on my experience. They pay me more per hour than I made when I retired, and they are so nice to me! So I know these little retirement jobs can be great! Good luck on finding one that suits you!

Scott.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Aww, man! Too bad the job didn't work out! But it's nice to be able to refuse the work. After retiring I got lucky and picked up a Cush job that is three days per week. Four day weekends! They called me and hired me based on my experience. They pay me more per hour than I made when I retired, and they are so nice to me! So I know these little retirement jobs can be great! Good luck on finding one that suits you!

Scott.
LUCKY YOU! :biggrin: Although, I'm sure it was MORE than luck, it would be nice to get to simply just fall into something like that. But, you are correct in that, I can be selective. Thanks Scott!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You seriously quit because the guy training you for three days doesn't smoke?
No. There is more to it than that. The job was to deliver paint supplies to body shops in the Indy area. Using your own vehicle. I drive a short bed GMC 4x4 with a 350 (5.7) engine. It likes gas. The job didn't pay enough to be profitable. As a smoker, it was a rough day by, not having the opportunity to have a cigarette break. When I'm accustomed to lighting up whenever I like for 50 years.

Curly

When I'm accustomed to lighting up whenever I like for 50 years.

Well I think I better warn you to stay our of our province. No smoking in the workplace, public places which can include some parks, restaurants including their outside seating, bars, or in your car if there are kids inside. You also have to be 15', or maybe it's 25', from any door, opening window or building air intake. As a nonsmoker it still doesn't go far enough :biggrin: but for smokers like you this place is almost Hades. :eek:

I do hope you find something you like doing.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Well I think I better warn you to stay our of our province. No smoking in the workplace, public places which can include some parks, restaurants including their outside seating, bars, or in your car if there are kids inside. You also have to be 15', or maybe it's 25', from any door, opening window or building air intake. As a nonsmoker it still doesn't go far enough :biggrin: but for smokers like you this place is almost Hades. :eek:

Thanks Pete, but I don't have to go to your Province. It's everywhere. But, I have enough respect for non-smoking folks, I think anyway. There may have been a few violations in the past. Like if my mind is occupied on a task or, some similar situation, I may break one out. The ordinances are due to protect those who wish to be protected and, rightfully so.

sbell111

You seriously quit because the guy training you for three days doesn't smoke?
No. There is more to it than that. The job was to deliver paint supplies to body shops in the Indy area. Using your own vehicle. I drive a short bed GMC 4x4 with a 350 (5.7) engine. It likes gas. The job didn't pay enough to be profitable. As a smoker, it was a rough day by, not having the opportunity to have a cigarette break. When I'm accustomed to lighting up whenever I like for 50 years.

I getcha.

Dale Lynch

Thanks Pete, but I don't have to go to your Province. It's everywhere. But, I have enough respect for non-smoking folks, I think anyway. There may have been a few violations in the past. Like if my mind is occupied on a task or, some similar situation, I may break one out. The ordinances are due to protect those who wish to be protected and, rightfully so.

Yeah we gotta protect them from the cataclysmic danger of tobacco smoke.It's funny though,you've been able to enjoy it repeatedly day in day out for 50 years straight.You must be a genetic superhuman.

Top Bottom