Glueing tubes in lucite??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimskio

What glue do I use for putting tubes in Lucite? I have a blank that I want to make a pen of for my girlfriend but have no idea if ca will do it or not.

thanks
jimskio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Send a PM to Mike or Ed, they would know. I am ordering some myself and was wondering the same question.

IPD_Mr

You can use epoxy, CA or Gorilla Glue. Personally I have gone exclusively to epoxy. Much better hold, more hear resistant (Less failures from heat buildup) and just about the right amount of working time.

Finatic

FWIW, I clean the blank and tube with alcohol first, let it dry, put the epoxy in the blank tube with a Q tip to insure I get full coverage. I have had blow outs on the blanks with what I assume to be heat build up, and no epoxy showing on the blank or tube at the blow out point. I have minimized the blow outs with the above method. Be sure to rough up the tube with coarse emery cloth or sand paper.

Chasper

I've been using thick CA and it is working as it should. Make sure the inside of the drilled hole is well painted, most lucite is very transparent.

Top Bottom