Glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarman

I am getting ready to do some glue ups. In the past I have used gorillia glue and was wondering if there was any other glue that might be better. I will be glueing wood and ivory.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudnhed

i know everyone has their own preference and mine is sumo glue. ca didn't work for me as well as sumo. i'll try ca again sometime.

wlg

Where do I get Snumo Glue an what maskes this glue work better than CA

mewell

I've been buying it at Home Depot. I like it because of its' tenacity... It sticks like crazy once set (24 hours), low foaming (but it STILL foams), and it fills in voids between the tube and blank. Downsides? It foams - I've had come out of worm holes. Also, it has made us (LOML and me) get in the habit of cutting, drilling and gluing blanks the day before so we can turn the next, and since it is so tenacious it is a bit of a pain to clean up excess (wear gloves!). We've also started plugging the ends of all our tubes with base plate wax, an extra step.

Since we've been using it we have had NO problems with tube and blanks coming apart (even when disassembling pens). When we were using CA we sometimes had the tube come out of the blank no matter how or how much CA we applied.

Now after re-reading the ORIGINAL QUESTION I see the words "glue ups" [:0] The few <u>glue ups</u> I've done I used CA. Don't you hate it when people start in the middle of a thread?

Firefyter-emt

Well I have tried them all and my main stay is the Gorilla glue. I just don't like the CA myself, and the epoxy I only use on kits like acrylics where I want a clear glue or I have to stay away from the foaming. I also think out of the 3 main glues, the GG is by far the eaisest to clean off from inside the tube. I let them sit on a note pad and just toss the top paper the next day. I also turned a small round base for the GG to sit nose down into. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom