Gluboost Ultrathin Problem. What Am I Missing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

Having watched John Underhill's , Ed's , and Mark's videos on using the new ultra thin gluboost, I bought a couple of bottles. Also purchased the CA applicators that fit onto the bottle of CA which enable one to just use the small amount required for many applications. The problem I'm finding is the applicators with the fine tips do not fit over the end of the original bottle tip. I Tried inserting the thin delivery tube through the hole in the regular tip without luck. Is this the proper way to attach it? If so what is the trick or technique? Should I just take a small drill bit and slightly enlarge the bottom hole of the CA applicator? Feedback from those who have used these with the ultrathin Gluboost would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and if you have shows this weeekend that sale are good.

Larry Reitz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Because the thin and ultra thin consistency, those tips need to fit very tightly. They will stretch as you apply them. Here's a quick video on how I do it…

Attachments

• IMG_7470.mov
    21.2 MB

d_bondi

Also, if you are working out in a cold shop, try taking them inside the house and getting them warm, they will be more flexible and will stretch more easily.

Larryreitz

Because the thin and ultra thin consistency, those tips need to fit very tightly. They will stretch as you apply them. Here's a quick video on how I do it…
I can't thank you enough, John. I was successful in getting one on, even though my fingers don't work like they used to.. I am also going to get something to put them in so I can set a couple on top of the wood stove and get them a little softer. Again, thanks.
Larry

JohnU

I can't thank you enough, John. I was successful in getting one on, even though my fingers don't work like they used to.. I am also going to get something to put them in so I can set a couple on top of the wood stove and get them a little softer. Again, thanks.
Larry
Glad to hear it Larry! I also try to remember to squeeze some air through them when I'm done so the glue doesn't cure in the stem.

jrista

Larry, JohnU has already answered the question in general.

One additional tip. With the whiptail applicators. One, the ones that come withe the Ultrathin bottle when you order, are actually not really all that "whippy", and I recommend getting some true long whiptail applicators. The ones that come down to an extremely thin, small tip. Then, once you have one of those on the bottle, stretch that tip end a bit. Stretching it will thin it out even more, giving you even more control over the flow of the glue when you apply it.

I bought a bundle of 200 whiptail applicators for dirt cheap on Amazon, where you can find them in droves. Just one example:

With these long ones, you can trim them down to size to adjust flow rate as needed for different kinds of glue. The ultrathin is amazing stuff, but its watery consistency can make it hard to apply the right amount, and a stretched and narrowed tip to one of the above whiptail applicators can certainly help with controlling the flow!

JohnU

There are two types of tips that come with Gluboost when ordered from Exoticblanks for you to try. Just make sure you are using the proper one. The Extender is a larger opening for the thicker glue… like the orange and blue label, and the Whips for the ultra thins. Both will help you put the glue right where you want it and conserve your product. It will also help you not glue yourself to the bottle or project. 🤫

Attachments

• IMG_7472.jpeg
    IMG_7472.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    984.8 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom