Glow in the dark FIMO with frog sticker!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

163267_132513690142038_100001502242963_192396_6452070_n.jpg

This one's the other half of the FIMO I picked up with a frog decal for some extra personality. The Moonglow FIMO is hard to get molded without voids in it, especially when going for the swirls like I have. I may end up leaving it to just the Moonglow for the next one so I can work it harder.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tony Pridmore

Very cool. I need some of those for the shop. It's probably impossible to lose one.

One suggestion for the next one: it would look much better with a manly skull and crossbones sticker :biggrin:

Drstrangefart

Sadly, those frog stickers were THE manliest thing they had between Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, Dollar General and somewhere else we stopped. And it takes dedication to look through the ENTIRE inventory of stickers at Hobby Lobby. But, when I do find some I have my process to within my personal tolerance. :)

Drstrangefart

The pen in its glowing state? not currently, but:
165640_132283003498440_100001502242963_191506_1633775_n.jpg

This is its fraternal twin in full glow mode. It just takes about 30-40 minutes to get stuff loaded up on this dail-up connection. Didn't have enough time to set up the glowing shot, and load it up before I had to shut everything down for the night.

Tony Pridmore

Sadly, those frog stickers were THE manliest thing they had between Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, Dollar General and somewhere else we stopped. And it takes dedication to look through the ENTIRE inventory of stickers at Hobby Lobby. But, when I do find some I have my process to within my personal tolerance. :)

Just pulling your chain. I saw the other thread where you described your sticker quest.

Drstrangefart

Just pulling your chain. I saw the other thread where you described your sticker quest.

Figured as much. No offense taken. The quest for good decals ready-made is ongoing. It may require addind a stop to the out of town visit soon. I actually did get a pen done with decals more to my taste, and I need to find them in larger quantities. I don't wanna have to spend 3 bucks or more for decals for one pen unless it's already sold.

Drstrangefart

Nice ! Definitely eye catching !! It must be fun to do the decals.. I need to learn how.. Regards, Doc:)

Believe it or not, that came off a sheet of stickers at Hobby Lobby that cost a little over a buck. The edges are a little raised, but not offensive. I just made sure to work air our from under it, and applied it after tht 1st coat of thin CA. After thet, is was finish as usual for me. The dry rub-on transfers sit nicer and leave less evidence that it's a transfer, but are more fragile to apply. I have yet to find and try water-slide decals, so can't offer much on that subject.

Drstrangefart

Just learned a really useful lesson from this pen today. During assembly, the pen was hard to push together in order to become a completed pen. Today we discovered that human hands were incapable of uplling it apart to get to the refill. I wend downstairs, and got a chunk of leather. Pulled it around the lower barrel, and clamped it down in the table vise. I made sure tightening the vise tightened the strap. I had to put my knee on the leg of the worktable and heave as hard as I could, and it finall pulled apart after 3 or 4 tries. Took a needle file to the raised areas on the transmission and smoothed them out until fitment was smooth. Next time if something feels fishy with final fitment, I will fix it before it goes together. I got lucky that I was able to find a way to get it apart.

jskeen

Check the quarter (or two!) vending machines for sheets of temporary tattoos, if you are looking for cool, small, and cheap transfers. Or the checkout lanes in the grocery stores, where they put stuff like that in an attempt to get kids to whine at their parents till the person in front of them in line turns around and smacks them (the parent, not the kid) The black tribal ones look neat slid over PVC pipe blanks (any color). Only time I've ever had a teenager shell out his own money for a pen was for a jr gent 1 with a tribal tat design over a green pvc blank.

Top Bottom