Gloat update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dalemcginnis

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
This last winter I posted a gloat about some burl I found on the curb and offered to share the wealth with anyone with a band saw that would cut it up for me. Well, no one offered so I bought a bandsaw and did it myself. This weekend I turned my first pens from it and this is what I got.:)

P1030858.jpg

Yes, it's from the same tree. No I don't know what kind of tree.

And yes, it has dried already, did I mention it gets hot here.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, Dale! You know gloating is a sign of arrogance and insecurity, right? I think to keep your name clear and honest, you should send the rest of that wood to me. I'd be happy to help you out with those personality issues of yours. hehe :D

Oh yeah, and say three 'Hail Mary's while you're boxing them up. Not sure if that will help your soul or not, but it'll keep your mind occupied while you foolishly absolve yourself of the horrendous gloating.

Sinner. [}:)]:D

ahoiberg

nice work there dale. that lighter one looks like a maple burl i found on a curb once. and the inside of it had darker wood, akin to the other pen. that'd be my guess on the wood... cutting blanks on the old bandsaw is a good time, there's nothing like making your own blanks from logs. :)

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by karlkuehn

Wow, Dale! You know gloating is a sign of arrogance and insecurity, right? I think to keep your name clear and honest, you should send the rest of that wood to me. I'd be happy to help you out with those personality issues of yours. hehe :D

Oh yeah, and say three 'Hail Mary's while you're boxing them up. Not sure if that will help your soul or not, but it'll keep your mind occupied while you foolishly absolve yourself of the horrendous gloating.

Sinner. [}:)]:D

NOT A CHANCE!:D
By the way, even the scraps of this wood should make some great worthless wood casts as soon as I get around to casting them[}:)]:D

Of course as they say, everything has a price and I do have a new band saw to pay for. ;)

bitshird

Dale, very nice pens and great looking wood, I don't think it's really gloating, just a bit of self indulgence in realizing the YOU were the one smart enough to pick up that curbside find.[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Top Bottom