Glass work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

I don't know if this is acceptable but I have been asked to show a bit so here goes. Please remove if not OK.:confused:

All this glass has been cut, fused and then slumped over/into a mould at approx 800c. The tall one is framed by me so I guess that sort of covers the woodworking thing.

C&C welcome as always.:)

Bob.

Attachments

• 2012 Exhibition 001.jpg
    2012 Exhibition 001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 2012 Exhibition 005.jpg
    2012 Exhibition 005.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 194
  • 2012 Exhibition 007.jpg
    2012 Exhibition 007.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 2012 Exhibition 008.jpg
    2012 Exhibition 008.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 2011 Exhibition 003.jpg
    2011 Exhibition 003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Bob; Craftsmenship is craftsmenship, no matter what the medium. We all enjoy good works no matter what they are, and lessons and ideas can be gained from all. Outstanding work in your pieces !!! Jim S

booney0717

Outstanding! I love working with glass. I took some glass blowing courses in college, but hav'nt done anything with it since. Kiln forming is somthing i always wanted to try. Your pieces are beautiful.

Fishinbo

They are gorgeous! Like the unique and colorful patterns created on every art piece. Like most the 4th and 5th, shows great skills, creativity and imagination.

-www.sawblade.com

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I called my wife and during our conversation I told her to look at your post. She called me back a few minutes ago and said;
'If you loved me, then you'd get me an entire dinner service like the black one.' :eek::biggrin:
Beautiful work!!!:)

mrcook4570

Beautiful work! Love the colors.

I called my wife and during our conversation I told her to look at your post. She called me back a few minutes ago and said;
'If you loved me, then you'd get me an entire dinner service like the black one.' :eek::biggrin:
Beautiful work!!!:)

Well, do you love her???:wink:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice, I like the middle one best, followed by the far left, but all are nice.

Ambidex

yup

Those are all beautiful Bob..am curious if there's meaning to the first, seem oriental in origin and the second...is that random or a hieroglyphic in nature..either way I love both of those. Not to mention all are gorgeous:cool:

robutacion

They are really nice items. Glass is an art form. That falls under the category "other things we make" Top notch, Carl

I agree totally with Carl here, the referred category is what it says and means so, you are perfectly within rules Bob.

As for your the glass work, I already knew your interested and ability for it, the pieces are certainly beautiful stuff...!

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Those are all beautiful Bob..am curious if there's meaning to the first, seem oriental in origin and the second...is that random or a hieroglyphic in nature..either way I love both of those. Not to mention all are gorgeous:cool:

Apart from No.5 they are all totally random. Second one has a bit of design, but not based on anything.
The black one is the result of filling the centre of the square with coloured pieces.
No.5 represents "City to Surf" at sunset.

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

Bob.:)

todddarling1

Love it

Used to do stained glass and Hot glass work, but when my Wife was expecting my son we stopped working on glass due to the lead solder. We never really got back into it.

A fun thing to do is "pot melts" take a Clay pot with a hole in the bottom and a clay pot base and support the pot above the base and fill it with scrape glass that is COE compatible and let it melt through the hole and into the base. let it cool and see what you get. I use to love the randomness of doing those. Made a lot of pot melts with scraps of glass that I had laying around. Sorry so wordy. but anyway. Man now I want to fire up the Kiln again. Don't tell my wife :)

Todd

Bob Wemm

Todd, that is one of the best parts, the result is totally out of control, except for the colours you start with, then it's in the lap of the gods.

Thats what the blackish squiggly lines are on the 2nd Pic.

Regards
Bob.

Top Bottom