Giving the Slimline Some Love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wheaties

Wheaties

It seems like the Slimline gets a tad disrespected here, and especially pencils. Maybe it's just buyers don't like them, I don't know. Anyway, here's a slim pencil for me to use at work, as I use a pencil more than a pen.

Attachments

• 100_1196.jpg
    100_1196.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_1199.jpg
    100_1199.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Form, Fit and Finish all first rate. Looks good!! What's it made of?

Oops... forgot that part. It's Thuya Burl from Chad (cwasil). It's pretty much impossible to photograph these blanks as they change from light to dark as you turn them (I forget the technical term for that characteristic).

jfoh

Nice pencil. You can make that as a one piece and it will look even better. Eliminate the center band. The pencil will work fine as a one piece blank kit. Years ago I made a few dozen for the kids. At one point I tried cutting one tube in half, glued one half in each end and turned the pencil. Truth is I miss counted and ran low on tubes when I had a large number of them to make for "school presents". Could not order them and had to try to stretch what I had. Made one and it worked so made the last six that way. My kids got three of them and they were still working five months later when school ended.

Moral is to order extra tubes and never run out.

Wheaties

Nice pencil. You can make that as a one piece and it will look even better. Eliminate the center band. The pencil will work fine as a one piece blank kit. Years ago I made a few dozen for the kids. At one point I tried cutting one tube in half, glued one half in each end and turned the pencil. Truth is I miss counted and ran low on tubes when I had a large number of them to make for "school presents". Could not order them and had to try to stretch what I had. Made one and it worked so made the last six that way. My kids got three of them and they were still working five months later when school ended.

Moral is to order extra tubes and never run out.

Didn't consider making it one piece. Thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom