Girlie, huh?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Some of my female customers have been after me to me some "smaller" pens, so I whipped out a few in various woods last week. I got, "Oh, that's nice.", but that's about it. And this afternoon, a repeat customer calls me and say he needs a "feminine" pen for his son's girlfrien for graduation. Feeling like the few I had weren't gonna be quite good enough, I turned these tonight. This one is Black/Purple Inlace Acrylester on Black TN.

20065542658_slimBT_blackpurpleIA.jpg

This one is Red Inlace Acrylester on Platinum.

2006554282_slimPT_redIA.jpg

This one is Red Fleck Acrylic Acetate on Gold TN.

20065542853_slimTN_redfleck_acrylic.jpg

I figure he's bound to like one of them. [?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pipes

Looken good to me !! And I have heard the same thing the women not all BUT most prefer the plastics in colors !! I would rather turn wood ! But being new to pens not turning .. I am I think going to turn a majority of plastics bout 70 % ...

http://affordablepipes.com/[:D]

angboy

Very nice Billy. And guess which one I like best? Yep, the top one- purple of course! How do you get the white lines near the center?

thewishman

You are clearly getting in touch with your feminine side, with great results! Purple is my favorite color, but the red inlace is my favorite in this group.

Nice creative thinking on the Russ Fairfield adaptation in acrylic. Your shapes and designs really broaden my thinking.

Good work, Billy.

vick

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Thanks, all! Angela, I just cut them in with a skew and they stayed that way. Even through a soaking wetsanding, and I mean soaking.
To funny I would have swore you laminated white plastic in them. I am glad you were not able to get the white off it is what I like best on the pens.

alamocdc

Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel
<br />Very nice! Are those all from slimline kits?

Yes, these are all from slimline kits, Scott.

Skye, the tubes are stock. As long as you don't remove any of the tube, they fit just fine. If you "kiss" the tube a little too aggressively with the trimmer or sander, you'll have a gap. DAMHIKT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom