Gift for a friend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
BOW from Nolan, BLK Ti Long Click from Aaron, Turners Magic finish from Woodwrite. As always I welcome all comments good or bad. That being said, I dont claim to be a photographer. =-)

Attachments

• BOW 12.13.08a.JPG
    BOW 12.13.08a.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I've seen turners magic in Woodcraft. How does that hold up as a finish on pens? Or are we talking about different things?
Dunno about woodcraft. This stuff is doing quite well for me. I've field tested it in some nasty conditions and it seems do do quite well,especially on "Oily" woods that do not hold some other finishes well. http://www.woodwriteltd.com/turnmagi.htm

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Like it a lot. It is heavy and a solid built kit. It just has a great feel of quality. It is the only click type pen I've made that does not feel like the mechanism is "cheap".

igran7

Very nice. I've been turning some of these kits as well and am really enjoying them. You did an outstanding job on it, good choice of wood for the kit as well.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I was hoping for some comments as to the shaping of this piece, any one care to jump in and let me know how they feel about it? Man, I'll bet I'm gonna regret saying that.

bitshird

Landon, I found that people seem to be attracted to pens with differreent shapes, they will invariably pick them up first, IF it feels good in their hand then you have a sale most of the time, the swell near the nib seems to draw favorable comments from my few customers, that slim area invites the pen to lay in the juncture of the hand and thumb comfortably.

VisExp

Landon, I'm not a huge fan of extravagant shapes on pens, but the slight bulge at the nib end looks like it would make the pen very comfortable to hold. It also accentuates the grain of the wood nicely.

grub32

I agree with both Keith and Ken. I have found that many of the woman really like the smaller pens b/c the size of their hands. One of the reasons that people buy the bics is because of their contoured grip. I sell a lot of my slims that are tapered at the end. I based my design for comfort at the end. More people are going to buy pens that are comfortable to write with.

Having gotten that off my chest. I love the wood grain in that pen. BOW is really something special.

Grub32

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Thanks guys/gals, at least no one stepped up and said "Man that's an UGLY pen". LOL, Take care guys/gals, Merry Christmas.

rdunn12

Man that's an ugly pen.:biggrin::biggrin:Could'nt resist.Seriously,I like the shape.It looks like it would feel good in your hand.Why don't you send it to me for further evaluation?Then I can tell you for sure.Nice looking pen and a nice looking piece of BOW.

penmanship

I like BOW & I like the shape, especially near the tip. Reminds me of a Canada Goose. (don't you think).

Merry Christmas,
Tim

I was hoping for some comments as to the shaping of this piece, any one care to jump in and let me know how they feel about it? Man, I'll bet I'm gonna regret saying that.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I like BOW & I like the shape, especially near the tip. Reminds me of a Canada Goose. (don't you think).

Merry Christmas,
Tim
Ya know I never noticed the "Goose head" until you mentioned it, so I went back and sure enough I guess it does.

Top Bottom