Giant mango bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

Hi everyone, I have a homade lathe that can turn up to 4 feet 8 inches, every so often I like to make a real big bowl, this is a giant Mango bowl I made, it is 22 inches in dia and 26 inches tall. I hope you all enjoy the pictures, aloha.

Chris "Kalai"

Attachments

• giant mango bowl.jpg
    giant mango bowl.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 380
  • giant mango bowl 2.jpg
    giant mango bowl 2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

Hey Chris...looks like fun. What did you use to get in so deep...some type of home made hollowing tool? Must have had to let it dry for a while?

nice work

markgum

WOW... that is about the size my son uses for breakfast. :biggrin: yeah, I would like to see the lathe and the hollowing tool also.
GREAT JOB!!!

Kalai

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments, yes Stacey that is your pallet that you see way in the back ground, the pallet is slowly making its way to the front of the shop, once it gets there it will take a break (it is hard work to get from one side of the shop to the other) then it will make its way to the truck, then after I get my brake parts from the mainland (shipped via the slow boat) then I can fix the trucks brakes and take your pallet to the pier :)
Hey Ken yes I made this bowl on the big lathe I posted pictures of a few years ago, I found the post but the pictures are gone so I took some more, I will post them in a seperate post. Aloha to all.

Chris "Kalai"

Top Bottom