Gemini Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

A gemini pen made with a blank from ebay seller woodart631.

The usual: Comments, Compliments, Criticisms welcome.

2005111165554_AngelasGemini_copy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fritzmccorkle

HOLY COW!!!! nicest gemini i've ever seen. you da man!!! does this pen have a name? i've liked your past pen names. in fact i think i'm going to start naming all of mine from now on.[:0]

Jim Boyd

Boy that is the first I've seen of that type. Strange looking critter[:p] Your choice of blanks goes good with it. Reminds me of Bugs Bunnies Martian friends space ship[:D] Finish wise it looks nice and well crafted. Beam me up Scottie[:)]

angboy

So Billy what's wrong with the picture? Were you seeing things when you looked at it earlier?[:D] I thought the picture was quite well done myself (but I must confess I had some great help making it better, so Billy you weren't really seeing things earlier!)

Fritz, I think I'll name this one after a fine older gentleman I know- "Pappy"! The ridges on the top and the bottom are just like the adorable wrinkles on the old geezer's face, and the curved line is just like his big goofy smile![;)][;)]OK, so you have to use a little imagination- it's like a Rorschach pen (but I won't be scoring or interpreting my own answers)!

It's probably a good thing Lola doesn't live with me anymore- I think Pappy might be overwhelmed by her if I were to put them both in the pen box I have!

Stay tuned for my next great pen- I'll be making a pen out of "polar wood"!

fritzmccorkle

Stay tuned for my next great pen- I'll be making a pen out of "polar wood"!

i can't wait!!! in fact would you please make two of them? you could name them "bi-Polar". i've got a line on some polar myself and hope to turn some in the near future.

angboy

Originally posted by fritzmccorkle
<br />Stay tuned for my next great pen- I'll be making a pen out of "polar wood"!

i can't wait!!! in fact would you please make two of them? you could name them "bi-Polar". i've got a line on some polar myself and hope to turn some in the near future.

How witty you are Fritz! That's actually a great name for a pen that would be made by a Psychologist!

angboy

I'd love to share how I do the laminations, but it's a family secret. I'd have to kill you if I told you! (But the answer is actually hidden on this page if you look for it!)

The truth is that I don't have the talent, let alone the shop tools, to do this myself. So I take the easy way out and buy blanks from one of my favorite ebay sellers- woodart631!

fritzmccorkle

please don't kill me. i was just curious. i kinda thought you'd once told me you didn't have a saw and was just wondering how to do laminations without a saw. you're probably using a router. i'm getting warm aren't I?

Dario

The answer my friend is hideen on the original post (psst read the very first one) [;)]

Nice pen Angela. The kit is definitely not for me but you did a great job. [:)]

angboy

Originally posted by fritzmccorkle
<br />please don't kill me. i was just curious. i kinda thought you'd once told me you didn't have a saw and was just wondering how to do laminations without a saw. you're probably using a router. i'm getting warm aren't I?

OK, so what's a router Fritz? If you tell me what it is, maybe I can tell you if I use one! I don't think I've ever made a route though![;)][;)]

fritzmccorkle

I missed it...she's dangerous I tell you....learning very FAST!!! LOL
man, you don't need to tell me. she's talking about killing me.
a router is a tool that spins a "bit" real fast to cut decorative edges, slots, straight edges and so forth in wood. when you're over at rockler/woodcraft tomorrow ask a guy to show you one. i have an extra one in a table i'll sell you, so even if he starts talkin' real fast and gets real friendly don't buy one from him. honestly i'd just as soon you not get interested in a router. if it cuts into your penturning it could seriously effect my salary.

gerryr

Has anyone checked out what this ebay seller is offering? I can't got to eBay from here, but my guess is the blank came that way. And, I think you could do this with a scroll saw, drill press, veneer and a dowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom