Gearbest's Resolve.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NLAlston

Well, regarding my two NEJE laser engravers, which (both) failed me (while WITHIN their warranty periods), I finally see the direction that GearBest is traveling, on it. Emails, equaling to more than the digits on both of my hands, had been exchanged between myself, and that company - culminating in the following, copied return ticket info, from them:

From GearBest*

Gearbest Customer Support * At * *07/07/2017 02:52:01 CST

Dear Nathan,

We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.
Kindly refer to our warranty policy here:Warranty and Return | GearBest.com
Please also refer to our terms and conditions here: Terms and Conditions | GearBest.com

Please review our possible solutions below:
1) Keep the item and accept a partial refund to your Gearbest Wallet as store credit.
In this case, you can keep the item and do not need to return it to us.
We can offer you a partial refund of 15 USD to your Wallet and reward you with extra points (E.g. If your refund is 1 USD = 2 points, 3 USD = 6 points etc.). This amount can be used for your future orders.
Learn more about wallet benefits : GB Wallet | GearBest.com
Learn more about points benefits : My Points | GearBest.com

2) Keep the item and accept a partial refund to your original payment account.
We can refund 15USD to your original payment account.
Please note:
- For PayPal account refunds it may take 48 hours days to process and appear in your PayPal account.

3) Resend the same item with a partial payment.
We kindly ask you to pay 50 USD for the reshipping and handling fee.

If you choose this option, we will send you an invoice to process this payment. You will receive the item within 10 to 25 business days.

Please reconfirm your address as follows:
Consignee Name:
Detailed Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:

Kindly let us know your decision. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards

Ennie
Customer Service
GearBest: Online Shopping - Best Gear at Best Prices

For those of you who have this engraver (NEJE 1000mw laser engraver) - or ANY engraver from this company, and are having success with it - I am, truly, happy for you. This is not a perfect world and, as such, there are no perfect things IN it. Knowing that, I am totally aware of the fact that any - and EVERY - manufacturer will have some failed products. But - when there are good compensatory factors involved - it leaves a purchaser to have faith in dealing with that same company, again.

Of the three options that GearBest gave me (listed above), I chose option #2.
Option #1 was out of the question, as I will NEVER AGAIN do any business with them. Option #3 was also out of the equation, as I thought it foolish to pay $50 for them to ship me another unit out - when this matter should have been, honorably, handled under warranty. $50? And I only paid $64 and $67, respectively, for my two engravers? Keep in mind, also, that the $50 would have only addressed ONE of my engravers.

So, prospective buyers? Beware. REALLY BEWARE, of doing business with GearBest.

wood-of-1kind

I got a similar response from Gearbest regarding a lost shipment. I rejected ALL of their options and basically told them that I would dispute my payment with PAYPAL. Guess what? They crumbled and sent a no charge replacement. YMMV.

NLAlston

I got a similar response from Gearbest regarding a lost shipment. I rejected ALL of their options and basically told them that I would dispute my payment with PAYPAL. Guess what? They crumbled and sent a no charge replacement. YMMV.

I wish that 'I' had thought of that. At least, though, the information - in this thread - will prevent some others from being ensnared in the same trap.

Top Bottom