G'day from Victoria Australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shedbound

G'day folks, I must say i'm very happy to have found your forum and have lots of exploring to do. I am a carpenter by trade, tending more towards working from home, I love milling timber especially Australian blackwood. I have sap in my veins. I have been turning since I was a teenager and first introduced to the lathe when I was just a kid. Due to money restraints I havn't done many pens, however I did do a few over the holiday period as presents.
I have recently upgraded my lathe(to one that spins true).
Anyhow, i have a thirst for knowledge, and look forward to making new aquaintances.[ SAM_0419.jpg
I'm not 100% sure how to upload pics so I hope this works.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouCee

Welcome! It looks like you are an experienced turner. Look in the library for a ton of information. You have found the right place for expanding your knowledge of pen turning.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Joel; I see you are a member of the Aussie forum. Too bad you didn't sign up for the 2013 Australia Day pen swap!

Nevertheless, welcome to the IAP, where you will find more info than one's brain can process at times! (for me at least!)

shedbound

thanks for all the hearty welcome folks,
Mack C.- I'm not sure what the pen swap entailed, I will look into that for next year. I like to get involved in things when possible. I have had a quick look around the site and must say i am very impressed with what I've seen so far, certainly a knowledgeable bunch here.

Dick Mahany

Welcome from California. You are most fortunate to have those beautiful woods readily available in your area. Have fun, learn, share and enjoy !

Top Bottom