Gatsby Click Pen Problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Are there inherent problems with Gatsby click pen? Or click pens in general. I turned my first Gatsby this evening and found difficulty assembling it. There are only five or six lines of instructions. I kin read writin', it's writin' readin' I have more trouble with. I assembled per instructions but the click and refill would not go together. I'll figure out what I did that might be wrong but just wondered if this was a common problem. Hope it's not just me being ignorant.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Are there inherent problems with Gatsby click pen? Or click pens in general. I turned my first Gatsby this evening and found difficulty assembling it. There are only five or six lines of instructions. I kin read writin', it's writin' readin' I have more trouble with. I assembled per instructions but the click and refill would not go together. I'll figure out what I did that might be wrong but just wondered if this was a common problem. Hope it's not just me being ignorant.
It would help some if you said exactly what kind of problem you had. You might have to jiggle the refill around a little sometimes they seem to catch and not line up just right....

Rockytime

It would help some if you said exactly what kind of problem you had. You might have to jiggle the refill around a little sometimes they seem to catch and not line up just right....

Thanks. That is exactly the problem, not lining up. I have wiggled, jiggled, twisted and turned with out luck. I'll wiggle it some more in the morning,.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Thanks. That is exactly the problem, not lining up. I have wiggled, jiggled, twisted and turned with out luck. I'll wiggle it some more in the morning,.
Did you complete the assembly? or did you stop in the process? If you assemble the tip it might work I'm not sure exactly how their transmission works but the pen does need to be fully assembled to operate correctly

Rockytime

Hi Smitty,
I got it working. I did a complete disassembly. Of course I split the little plastic transmission in the process. It is OK tho as I was able to see where the little slots on the refill lined up in it. I have a couple more of these kits so I was able to salvage the pen.

Many thanks. I fiddled when I should have faddled.

Les

Had the same problem a while back. Ruined a click mechanism in the process but had to do a major modification of the replacement to get it to fit (wound up cutting/filing/sanding those ribs off). That was at least a year ago. Thought PSI would have gotten this fixed by now (and I'm not a PSI basher). I think I may have put the remaining kit aside. Think I'll find it and see if it's a bad one, too.

Top Bottom