Gator: Thanks Roy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It was a rather lengthy A.M. project. It's a Gator bone blank with black acrylic and an attempt at at using Gold Pearl Ex powder to fill voids. The Gator bone blank was a kind gift from Roy (OKLAHOMAN). It's on a Jr. Statesman Rollerball. It has a fairly shiny CA finish on it which didn't seem to show in the pictures... Left the cap a little larger because it seemed like a waste to take away more of the bone. Anyway, comments welcome and thanks for looking. Now I have to go take a shower or my wife is going to kill me. Doc:)

Roy, Thanks again for the kind gift!

Attachments

• Gator Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    Gator Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Gator Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    Gator Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Gator Jr. Statesman.jpg
    Gator Jr. Statesman.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

The Doc strikes again!
Great pen and well executed as always. You are so consistent on turning out quality pens. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing this one and I always look forward to your posts.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

wiset1

Truly great looking Gator pen Doc! That's one thing I love about your work...you ALWAYS try new material and it looks amazing every single time. This one is no different...Awesome as usual

terryf

Lovely work once again Doc!

I personally like the shape of the cap - I generally always leave a little meat in the centre.

I take it you were in full Chem/Bio PPE whilst turning this :)

OKLAHOMAN

I had no doubt you'd bring that gator bone back to life as a first rate pen. Thanks so much for showing it.

PenMan1

Great pen, Doc!

Doc, I know you have turned antler, where does the gator smell fall on the "stinkometer" when compared to antler?

wizard

Great pen, Doc!

Doc, I know you have turned antler, where does the gator smell fall on the "stinkometer" when compared to antler?

Andy, The gator smell pretty much falls into a class of it's own!!! It requires
a step up to the kit that contains the barfometer and barf bag. And I'm not kidding! Thanks for the compliment. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom