Garden time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
It's almost gardening time so made some garden theme things.

Pierced and airbrushed floral pattern bowl with matching airbrushed gardening dibble. Bowl is turned from sycamore and dibble is turned from maple. Bowl is around 9" (23 cm) across. Dibble has marks every inch (25mm) to aid in planting bulbs. Bowl is finished with polyurethane, the dibble is finished with PolyWhey, a whey protein based finish made from byproducts of cheese making.

Attachments

• Dibble and Bowl 01.jpg
    Dibble and Bowl 01.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Eric that is a pretty bowl and I haven't seen any one else turn a dibble before, I have to make sure my wife doesn't see this or it's going to become a honey do thing, great idea though, looks a lot better than my stick with marks every 1/2 inch.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks, the latest club challange was to make a garden dibble so I decided to go for a double header and make a second turning with a matching theme.

Tom, the coloring was done two ways. On the bowl, the flower petals were initially sprayed with Transtint (r) Purple to soak into the grain, then gone over with Golden transparent airbrush colors (wash coat, the shadow lines and the red edges). The same process was used for the flower petals on the dibble. All the other colors except for the green leaves are also Golden (r) transparent airbrush colors. The green is Grex Private Stock (tm) Transparent Rainforest Green. I don't really like the Golden transparent green (like most Phthalo greens it has too much blue in it for my taste). The rainbow on the shaft of the dibble was made by mostly by blending primary colors (Red, Yellow and Blue), but I did just use purple for the tip rather than try to blend that small spot.

Top Bottom