"Fundraiser" Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Today a second cousin of mine, who is a teacher, posted on Facebook that she was looking for help with helping two students who are in a difficult situation. I sent some $, but in addition I was thinking that I could offer some pens as a "fundraiser" to help the kids out. My idea is that I would post the pens on my FB and tag my 2nd cousin, payments would go to her PayPal and to be used to help the kids in any way that she seems necessary. I would send the pen to the buyer and would cover shipping as well. I see this as being kind of like a GoFundMe, with a twist (or maybe a rollerball :tongue:). Anyway, my question is - has anyone out there done something like this? Is it best to offer as a set price or use an action style format? I was thinking I would do 3 different pens, any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Lucky2

Sam, personally, I think an auction would bring in more money. When selling a pen you can only charge a certain amount, whereas in an auction there's no limit to what you can get for the same pen.
Len

Dehn0045

Thanks Len, I was leaning towards auction, but wasn't sure. As for the kids' situation, I don't know many of the details, other than that they are non-native English speaking (French is their native language) and they (their family) are financially distressed. My second cousin is a French teacher, and naturally made a connection with the kids and has been trying her best to help them (along with another teacher). Since she lives in a different state, I think the best way for me to help is with money. She'll use the money to help them buy supplies, food, clothes, etc - a little "boost" so to speak. I'm sure there are millions of kids in their situation or worse, but this was put in front of me and I figured I could do something to help...

Top Bottom