Fun With Stamp Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sdivot

sdivot

I thought I'd do something kind of whimsical. Who in the states remembers S&H Green Stamps?

Attachments

• S&H Green Stamps 2.jpg
    S&H Green Stamps 2.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 393
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Sure do!

I remember Mom collecting them and taking them to trade in for goods. There was also yellow "Top Value" stamps she collected in the same time frame. One or the other were handed out in Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Dime Stores, and many other stores.

Ah, the good old days...

Fatdawg

I remember my sisters and I having to help my mother put those stinking stamps in the books. The pen looks great, good choice on the Virage!

ironman123

10-4 on the memories Ed. Piggly Wiggly Gro used to give S&H and a few other places here. Mom would get my brother and me to put them in books and in December she would go trade them in before Christmas.

One aunt saved Buccaneer Stamps and another saved Scottie stamps and another saved Raliegh cigarrette coupons by the hundreds.

Days gone by but never forgotten.

Ray

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We had those & Gold Bond in the little town where I grew up. I got to help my mom glue them into the books - great memories.

Krankyankee

Top value and S & H stamps

Great ideas must run in great minds... I just order from ebay both stamps and hope to get them into a pen ...I like the way you overlapped the stamps... I will be stealing that idea...

Top Bottom