Fun with a laundry detergent bottle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's a nice effect ! Are the green bits actually discs separating short cylinders of wood ?

Nice innovation and execution, Randall.
Great Idea, I just hope that the Plastic is not Bio-degradable,
It could be embarrassing if it fell apart in a Clients hands.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Magpens, it's basically a 22.5 degree cut I did for each piece with an adjusted height for each. I drew a diagonal line down the blank and only cut as deep as the line, like starting at the top of a hill and every half inch I cut down into the wood. Reversed the direction on the other blank. So it give a full, part then half circle affect.

Oh yeah, I thought there was something like that going on. Thanks for explaining.

Just curious - what kind of glue do you use with these inlays?

Gluing plastic is a challenge, and the glues that are most effective with wood (PVA, polyurethane, CA and epoxy) are notoriously not effective with polyethylene and polypropylene used to make the containers for laundry products.

I use med ca but I sand the pieces with 150 grit for an attachment surface. Haven't had any issues yet, knock on wood, lol. I normally put ca onto the cut in the wood, then I press the pieces in. Let them dry then use thin ca to go around all the sides over the plastic inserts for a second just in case.

That was my thought - not much sticks to the PE plastics. I guess do as he did and rought it up, fill all the nooks and crannies with CA and it stays in place??

Back
Top Bottom