From the Trash can to pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

alxe24

I recently cast this blank (the green one) http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/first-cast-pleasantly-disappointed-106385/ that I like a lot. Yesterday I wanted to make a pen with it and I blew the blank really bad when drilling it. I trashed it and moved on.
Then I could not depart from the idea of making a pen with that bank so I went back to the trash bin and rescued it. Glued the chunks that detached from the blank and added 2 black bands to the body section to make up for the loss of length and here it is.
Thanks for looking.
Alex

Attachments

• untitled-shoot-004-copy-2.jpg
    untitled-shoot-004-copy-2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 339
  • untitled-shoot-006-copy-2.jpg
    untitled-shoot-006-copy-2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Trash to Treasure. Great save. That blank is defiantly worth saving and it works well with the kit. congratulations on a fine pen and save.

Charles

Jjartwood

Great save! the alternate design worked very well,nice looking pen,great casting work,
real nice touch.
Do you mind my asking what kit you used ?
Real nice work.
Mark

Phillikl

Outstanding pen!!

I have a 5 gallon bucket that catches all the scraps/breaks/blowups, can never tell when something will be worth using!

Saving a pen like that always give a sense of accomplishment as well as giving us a chance to stretch ourselves a little. Great job saving this one. Really beautiful result!

Top Bottom