From England to New Orleans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

by way of Racine Wisconsin. Dawn and Ed's www.exoticblanks.com
The first is Yellow Whirl from Conway Stewart Pen Company in England.
3.jpg

The second is also a Conway Stewart Blank Called Classic Brown
2.jpg

The third is a blank called Mardi-Gras also from Ed and Dawn.
1.jpg

As always all comment's welcome.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Great looking group of pens. Especially like the classic brown. I am waiting on mine from Ed to try out.

I think it is great the way Dawn and Ed make available some wonderful blanks from around the world for us pen turners.

Keith "mrburls"

OKLAHOMAN

Hubba-hubba! Those are some GORGEOUS pens, Roy! I guess you must be about "show ready"!

Lou I've been "Show Ready" just don't know if the shows are ready:frown:

Very nice looking, I did not realize that Conway Stewart sold blanks

Eric, as far as I know they don't and Dawn or Ed can correct me, but I'm fairly certain www.Exoticblanks.com tracked down Conway Stewart's supplier . They are going to extreme measures to bring us quality merchandise.

Thank one and all who posted, BTW the Classic Brown is my favorite also!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Roy certainly makes our blanks look good!!! Excellent fit and finish makes these exceptional writing instruments. And, of course we thank Roy for the "publicity".

Roy is also correct in his assertion that I found the supplier for Conway Stewart. This has been the case for years, but I have not been allowed to use any names. Recently, I was allowed to purchase the yellow swirl and brown material due to a disagreement between CS and their supplier. That matter is now settled and I suspect I will not have access to "current product" in the future.

I DO have access to very high end acrylic from Italy. I will not be able to "Link" to a website showing the exact same material (which seems to have prompted the "run" on these two blanks). So, I am reluctant to take the risk. If you have interest in high end material like this, and are not intimidated by the price, send me a PM or email. I may start a group to do some "research" and possibly "presell". Also possible to get "custom colors" that may be distributed as VERY limited edition.

So, if you think you might like to be included in this project - let me know. Will take a couple months leadtime and I would want to have the material in my hands by August to get it ready for "top shelf presentation" at Christmas shows.

bitshird

Roy, I have one of Ed and Dawns Classic Brown blanks, I want to get it into a Jr. Statesman before the first of next month, I turned it round last week, and the stuff if great to work with, I hope mine comes out any where near as well as yours did. Personally, I like all 3 pens, I think they are gorgeous.

Top Bottom