friend rant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burr

Ok so I had a good friend come over this weekend and borrow my CA, all I asked ws he put it away when he was done! Guess what he didn't do? He left it open and even worst left it sitting in the sun. I know I should have paid more attention but he 50 years old, didn't think I needed to baby sit hi. Ok I'm done thanks for letting me vent. Oh yah I needed this for my pith pen. Guess I'm off to the store tommorrow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I will do you one better...

I have a 50 year old neighbor that is a roughneck. He makes about $1400 a WEEK. He is constantly borrowing stuff from me. Food, mower gas, etc. etc. I have lost several gas jugs to him. He is a good guy though and would do anyhting for me. If i broke down in the middle of the night, I would call him.

tim self

Nope, do not recap cause I got tired of fighting to get it back off. Have never had a problem. The sun however...........

burr

I can leave mine uncapped in the garage but not directly in the sun on 102 degree days. I do believe that the sun is what killed it.

For $20 you can order several small bottles from Monty with free shipping and always have a fresh supply on hand... I used to buy the big bottles and refill the little ones... decided it isn't worth the effort and now just keep a supply of small bottles on hand as I need them... He's in Texas and I'm in Tennessee and service is usually in 2-3 days. ('Course when I needed my boxes this weekend he's on vacation.:frown::frown:)

Enjoy your vacation Monty.:biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Friends

Years ago I had a great neighbor....both have moved so we can't see each other anymore, but we still stay in touch....he would do things like shovel the snow out of my driveway before I was out of bed after a snow storm...he was an electrician and they were prohibited from reusing any wire, outlets, boxes etc that they removed at one of their big customers so his company gave them to employees and he would do any electrical work free. A great neighbor....but, he broke everything he ever borrowed from me. Ladder, lawn mower, drill...the list goes on.

rjwolfe3

I didn't get a good seal on my thin CA and it completely hardened. That was in the basement. Luckily there was only a 1/4 of the bottle left. I have to order some more now lol.

burr

"Save the bottle for the next time he wants to borrow it. When he does hand him the hard bottle."

Thats a great idea! only I may have to hang on to it for awhile. any way got another order in with Manny. now just need to wait.

burr

"Remember he is away for a week. "
Thats the real problem, trying to find good CA local to get me by.

bitshird

Save the bottle for the next time he wants to borrow it. When he does hand him the hard bottle.

That sounds like a great Idea, I have a new weed whacker because a neighbor borrowed my former one so I'll keep the one he screwed up and let him use it any time he wants,

But he ain't touchin my new Echo!!!

Top Bottom