Fresh from the Shed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kiwiturner

Kiwiturner

I had the time today to do a couple of Click Bullet Pens before it got too hot to work out in the garage.
Having done many Bolt Action bullet pens I thought it time to give the clickable version a go.
Done in NZ Rimu with gloss CA finish.
They are fiddly to put together and take a bit of time in the assembly process.
They do look nice though so maybe I will do a few more.

DSCF3290.jpg

DSCF3289.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kiwiturner

Thanks guys. The finish is the part I like the most as its when doing that that you really see the wood pop and show off its colors.
Rimu is one of those native timbers that doesn't look like much until you hit it with a finish then it really comes alive.

It makes each turning or piece of furniture I do a surprise.

putnamm

Thanks guys. The finish is the part I like the most as its when doing that that you really see the wood pop and show off its colors.
Rimu is one of those native timbers that doesn't look like much until you hit it with a finish then it really comes alive.

Can you share your finishing process?

Kiwiturner

Can you share your finishing process?
Sure can.
I have a video showing the process of turning and polishing one of my pens on my website.
The polishing part starts about 5 minutes in.
CA Polishing

Last edited:
Top Bottom