Attachments

• SB1.jpg
    SB1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 227
  • SB3.jpg
    SB3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 279

workinforwood

I would say Steve is mocking me without uttering a single word. If I can just somehow stage a comeback rally, and obtain that golden nib, I would deserve having it installed by the donor too! Now...how to rally...?

chriselle

I would say Steve is mocking me without uttering a single word. If I can just somehow stage a comeback rally, and obtain that golden nib, I would deserve having it installed by the donor too! Now...how to rally...?

Well my poriferan friend,, I think Mr. nuts and bolts is leaving the rest of us in the dust....er..filings.

KenV

The selection panel did well --- all 5 are winners with remarkable differences in style and approach. Good Job Crew!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeff I wasn't ignoring you, I'm just on a mobile connection while away from home and the signal was strong enough ( just ) to connect to the site. But not good enough to post.:frown:

And what's this nonsense about 'mocking'????:tongue: Would I do that???? Little old moi???? Never!!!!

Don't you just love the way the voting results reflect the excellent taste of our wonderful membership???:biggrin:

workinforwood

I was just trying to motivate a newer younger generation to join the group. If I lose, that's a good thing, because it makes me work harder to improve. Next year I'll be sure and turn the heat up. I imagine a few others will do the same.

Draken

I was just trying to motivate a newer younger generation to join the group. If I lose, that's a good thing, because it makes me work harder to improve. Next year I'll be sure and turn the heat up. I imagine a few others will do the same.

Great, so next year we can expect to see the Power Rangers pen?

:biggrin:

workinforwood

Naw..it'll be a nuclear missile pen with satellite targeting and about a 5000 mile range should be just about right! I'll be naming it "Steveslayer". I'll be scrolling a nice big smiley face in it right before launch time. Oh..and it'll use the parker upside down underwater refill.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeesh Jeff, why are you and the guys picking on little old me:confused::mad::biggrin:
You still have Keith to contend with too, you know. And of course the votes will change once I have run out of 'friends' to bribe:biggrin:
Of course it's nice to win, but only if it remains fun. The other ?????? Judges thread kind of soured things a bit.

So..............as you may have noticed, I've donated one of the second prizes and as a prize donor, I reserve the right to increase it.
Whether I win anything or not I will add a $50 gift voucher from ANY vendor that has donated a prize to the BB.

In other words; the guy that comes in second can choose a vendor ( from the list on the home page ) and I'll paypal them (the vendor) the dosh.

Now lets see if how that messes up the voting:biggrin:

Last edited:

workinforwood

Well Steve, you're a heck of a nice guy. And..I pick on you because I know you have a good sense of humor. Odds are you win and deserve to. All the pens required hours of time and labour from the heart. The "judges" thread ...I admit I was quite insulted by it especially since it seemed directed at me, and it's tough to insult me, but I don't like to fight. I'm here for fun which is far more important than any tangible prize anyone can offer. I learn so much from you guys which goes well beyond penturning or any type of woodworking...so I offer all a prize too, and that prize is a big ...

Thank You IAP !!! Love ya!

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You say you don't like to fight but you want to drop a nuke on my..... head??:eek::biggrin:
I was going to say 'ass' or 'arse' instead of 'head' but this is a family site!!!:rotfl:

chriselle

Well Steve, you're a heck of a nice guy. And..I pick on you because I know you have a good sense of humor. Odds are you win and deserve to. All the pens required hours of time and labour from the heart. The "judges" thread ...I admit I was quite insulted by it especially since it seemed directed at me, and it's tough to insult me, but I don't like to fight. I'm here for fun which is far more important than any tangible prize anyone can offer. I learn so much from you guys which goes well beyond penturning or any type of woodworking...so I offer all a prize too, and that prize is a big ...

Thank You IAP !!! Love ya!

Great post, Jeff. That's what it's all about. This kind of fun keeps me inspired and producing. That said,......Go get em Keith!!

VisExp

J
You still have Keith to contend with too, you know.

You better watch it, Keith is gaining some momentum.

That said,......Go get em Keith!!

Thanks guys. You do realize that what will really help out is a picture of the three of you in a cheerleaders outfit cheering me on :biggrin:

It's been a fun contest. Jeff is right, all the pens entered came from the heart and while competing is always fun, what is more fun is the inspiration, motivation and fellowship at this site. Thanks to all involved in the "behind the scenes" work of the Bash and thanks to all who participated in the fun on the forum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yes, as they say, "Every Kiss begins with K"

Uh??? I thought every kiss began with ten bucks and got progressively more expensive. Married for 21 years now and so I just hand over my entire pay check!!!!! Mind you, even that doesn't seem to work so well these days:mad::biggrin:

Top Bottom