Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Dario,
Ready to meet in the middle?

Ron,

If I am still at San Antonio I probably would but I moved deep south remember? [B)]

Anyone can guess what wood it is?

fxst00

I'm in with one chainsaw, and could even scrounge up a trailer if anyone wants to help.
I'm new to turning and wouldn't know how or where to cut to get the best looking stuff out of that.
A guy at work told me about that the other day at work. I wonder if he still has it.
anyone interested in a road trip to SA, just email me at jjc-1975@hotmail.com

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I actually called and talked to the lady. Very nice lady! She was going to have the tree company the topped the tree remove it but said she really wanted to find someone that could get some use out of it instead. I am in San Marcos, not far from Canyon Lake and would be willing to go in with someone to get this burl. It sounds like it is Live Oak possibly and by some things she told, me, it may have some rot so I am not getting my hopes up too high but it should be worth the time. Fxst00 and El Mostro, are you guys up to working together on it? It sounds like there is enough wood there for all of us.

tnilmerl

I'm in San Antonio. Too big for my truck, have to get a trailer. I know some turners that do a lot of Live Oak that would be interested is this tree. I guess it's "first-come, first-served"?

Fred

Yep, it has been cut and hauled away by a fellow IAP member. He posted some pictures of his treasure. He even drove to the tree from Florida I believe. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom