France or Cheese Making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Some friends of mine opened a cheese shop modeled after the ones they worked in while they were students in France. They are coming up on their 5th year in business and I want to make something special for them.

I will use one of the Cheese Knife blanks and turn a handle to go with a matching set of pens, and perhapse make a presentation case that resembles a wedge of cheese.

I would like to chose some nice wood that would be evokative of France or the Artisanal Cheese makers of Europe.

Does anyone have any suggestions for wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

For this one definitely some form of Olive Wood would be kewl as cheese, olives and olive oil go together. Though I am not a drinker it might be kewl if you could find some wood from an old wine keg which might also make a good presentation box.

Nice idea! Show us pics when you are done,

lr

nava1uni

If you would like some Oak from an old wine barrel I have some staves. You can have them for the cost of postage. Some of the wood is colored from the red wine. They turn nicely. PM me if you would like a few pieces of the wood

OldWrangler

About a month of sitting out, some Swiss maybe get hard enough to turn. Be sure to paint the brass tubes because they'll show through the holes. Or you can fill them in with Limberger and finish with CA.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
If you would like some Oak from an old wine barrel I have some staves. You can have them for the cost of postage. Some of the wood is colored from the red wine. They turn nicely. PM me if you would like a few pieces of the wood

The wine barrel sounds great, PM sent

Top Bottom