FP GEEKS!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Awesome! Thank you for educating our children and taking the time to care enough to do this!!!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very cool... I have to say that who ever backed you at the $1000 level is BRILLIANT! 10 pens over 10 years.. at $100 a pen, thats both a really good deal and as your skill grows, those pens will be worth more and more. Good job and good luck!

OKLAHOMAN

With Shawn's permission I would like to have anyone who would like to donate two matching acrylic blanks and send them to me I'll send them all to Shawn lets try to help out a worthy cause, educating our kids on the use of a fountain pen, looking foe at least 25 pairs. Send PM to me for my address.

nava1uni

Roy,
I will send you a pair of blanks and a pair of pen kits. Please PM me your address and I will get them out to you. Thanks for doing the collecting.
Shawn,
This is a great project. Thanks for doing it. How about sending you completed pens?

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok, I may be a little dense tonight - but why double ship? I like the idea, but if why ship them to you first? Why not just ship them straight to Shawn?

OKLAHOMAN

Dean I just thought I would coordinate this for Shawn as it was my idea and I"m going to be the one paying the shipping to him as I also have made a larger donation but if everone would rather ship directly to Shawn that's fine. Just was trying to lighten the load on Shawn giving him time to teach school and I would answer the PM's. quote=alphageek;1345397]Ok, I may be a little dense tonight - but why double ship? I like the idea, but if why ship them to you first? Why not just ship them straight to Shawn?[/quote]

jjudge

Absolutely amazing.

With 5 to 6 custom FPs to date (and progressing QUICKLY) -- Shawn has set a tough schedule on himself for the KS project.

-- joe

alphageek

Former Moderator
Joe has a good question... For those of us who don't do custom pens yet, what is the minimum size blanks that will be useful to you Shawn? And some kinds of acrylics are better than others for threading.

Shawn - can you weigh in on the questions? I want to make sure to dig through my blanks and find a pair that are most useful to you!

watch_art

So far I've only used 5" blanks - and they've been from here:
eBay My World - turningsupplies

I want to do kits - which is where some of the money pledged will go - mandrels and tubes and bushings and whatever else I'll need - for people who want a kit pen or pencil. I think especially pencils and clutch pencils. Some of those are just AWESOME. I've got a couple clutch kit pencils that I bought from chugbug last year - John Brady of JEBpens.com - and I LOVE them.

But for now - I think plastics would be best for me. And as long as I can thread it, any plastic would be fine with me.

Thanks!

OKLAHOMAN

Dean and Joe, two matching full sized blank acrylic or Alumilite, PR will work but is difficult to thread so I've been told. But I will send all to Shawn as he can also make kit fountain pens out of the PR for the kids.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks Roy! I will be sending two Woodturningz Inlace Acrylester "Money" blanks. I think high schoolers would think it's neat having a pen made from shredded currency, Don't You:biggrin:

P.S. I don't have your mailing address. If you'll PM, I'll get these out tomorrow

Last edited:

Texatdurango

I haven't read everything yet and may be missing something so have a question........

What would be wrong with just making some pens and sending you the pens, ready to write with so you can just pass them out to some kids?

I can make up some pretty decent capped fountain pens from scratch using some nice alumilite colors. They would have kit nibs but good enough to learn with.

If that sounds doable, drop me an address in a PM.

OKLAHOMAN

George, I think thats a wnderful idea, I'm sure Shawn will say so also and send you his address, thank you from the kids.

Top Bottom