Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Marc Phillips

Here's another decal pen... hard to believe this is the same pen.... one side is so completely different from the other!

I am still getting that weird white uhh... whatever on some decals, but mostly not. I am just gonna keep at it until I figure it out I guess....

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• WendiPen1.JPG
    WendiPen1.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 233
  • WendiPen2.JPG
    WendiPen2.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Marc,

The white you're experiencing is called silvering. What you see is actually the decal carrier film. To avoid silvering apply the decal over a smooth glossy surface, smooth out all trapped air and, when dry, apply your favorite glossy finish to seal in the decal.

Regards,

Larry

Marc Phillips

Marc,

The white you're experiencing is called silvering. What you see is actually the decal carrier film. To avoid silvering apply the decal over a smooth glossy surface, smooth out all trapped air and, when dry, apply your favorite glossy finish to seal in the decal.

Regards,

Larry

What I can't figure out is what exactly happened... just in that one spot. Everywhere else the decal is invisible. The surface was smooth as glass... CA MM'd up to 3200... very smooth. So, I didn't squeegee the water out?... or squeegeed out too much or??

Top Bottom