Fountain pen ink cartridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bking0217

I have 10 fountain pen kits on order from Smitty. I will probably want to use blue ink instead of black. My question is, how will I know which ink cartridge to buy? Are they all the same?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I happen to be a fan of Private Reserve, sold by a number of folks here...Midnight Blue is one of my favorites

Russianwolf

not all cartridges are the same (brand of ink aside), you are looking for "International Cartridges".

Waterman Cartridges are similar but longer (too long for the pen body in some cases).

bking0217

Thank you for the replies. I see The Golden Nib has 12 packs of Private Reserve international catridges for $4.95. Sounds good to me.

KenV

Pelican is also a good ink -- and there are several other excellent brands.

I pitch the ink that comes with the components --

76winger

I'm playing around with Noodlers ink (in bottles, not cartridges) and like it pretty well, but I'm new to FP's and it's my try at them in over 30 years. So I don't know how it compares to the others.

jskeen

I like the PR cartridges for colors I don't use a lot. For black I like Noodlers "Heart of Darkness" and if all you have nearby is a staples, you can get bottles of Parker "Quink" locally and it works great too.

Remember never put india ink, iron gall ink, or "artist ink" in a fountain pen. Use only ink that specifically says "for fountain pens" the others will clog in no time, and will be very difficult if not impossible to clean out. They are for dip pens only.

jskeen

James and Dave what other colors of Noodler's (in addition to the a fore named Heart of Darkness) would you consider as a favorite?

The only other color I liked enough to buy a full bottle of was called "GI Green", and I love it, but I also understand they reworked it for some reason and the new one is different. Don't know if that's good or bad, just different. I also like Noodler's philosophy about sales practices. Here's a link to part of it: http://www.noodlersink.com/bottles.html

I just think that it is refreshing to find a company that places a premium on value rather than "flash".

PR_Princess

The only other color I liked enough to buy a full bottle of was called "GI Green", and I love it, but I also understand they reworked it for some reason and the new one is different. Don't know if that's good or bad, just different. I also like Noodler's philosophy about sales practices. Here's a link to part of it: http://www.noodlersink.com/bottles.html

I just think that it is refreshing to find a company that places a premium on value rather than "flash".

Thank you James! And yes, in addition to having some GREAT ink, I agree with you!!:)

Top Bottom