ForumRunner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone still using ForumRunner? It has been broken on IOS10 for months with no sign of life from the support team. I don't know if it's still working on Android and older IOS.

I'm considering disabling it, mostly because it's broken, but also because hackers have recently been attempting exploits. We've had several dozen attempted SQL injection attacks on the server via one of their modules every night for the last week from Russian and Chinese netblocks.

The alternative is tapatalk, which I am getting used to and seems to be a healthy product.

Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I'm still using it but haven't updated IOS in a while. Getting a new phone today so that won't matter anymore. All the feedback on tapatalk seems good.

Skie_M

I am a hacker ....

I am just that way ... it's how my mind works.

I want to take things apart and find out how it works or why it doesn't work and then fix it or make it better.

This is how ALL hackers are.

You are describing a criminal ... one that cracks access into secure systems for personal or business reasons. They exploit system security loopholes, snoop through personal and business files, steal identities, and various other crimes. They are not hackers ... we call them "crackers".

Unfortunately, the term "crackers" can also mean something else ... a derogatory word to indicate a caucasian. The media siezed upon the word "hacker" instead, and it has caught on in mainstream media and television .... but that is not who or what we really are.

seamus7227

I was using forum runner for ever but about a year ago it went in the bucket and would not work properly so I stopped using it all together. Was browsing through social media the other day and noticed a notification on Facebook that indicated IAP was on Tapatalk and so far it has been running super smooth!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom