formaly introduce myself.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

I think i should formaly introduce myself. My name is Gary VanWeerd i live in the little town of Kuna Idaho. I'm a Cement mixer driver.

I started turning pens back in the mid 90's just wood. made some for the famliy and friends sold a few at work, But i never took it seriously.
In about 2001 i lost all my woodworking equipment, in a store room fire. :eek:

it's been along time comming, but over the last few years. i've been able to get some tools gathered up. tablesaw, bench drillpress, belt sander. and the like.
But back 4mos ago. HF was haveing a parking lot sale. and they had this mini lathe for $60. well i looked at it. asking myself if i needed one. I've heard that there machines were mediocre. so my wife and I wondered around. and i was himawwing around thinking if i want to spend the 60. we were standing in the check out line. My wife says to me " you know you want it, go get it there only one left" so I did. and here i am having a ball!
I just wanted to say HI IAP!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Gary,

I have been seeing your posts. Your avatar is a little funny looking but I know that we come in all sizes :biggrin: Your experience is obvious and great! Glad you joined us and glad that you got the official welcome that you deserve! Thanks for joining in here!

gvanweerd

Thanks ALL for the warm wellcome.

Gary 004.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom