Forgive the bump, but........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Folks, I really don't like to bump threads of my own work......but:wink:

As we are all very much aware, OUR 12th Bash is in full swing.:biggrin:
To host this fantastic site and to ensure it stays the best on the web, takes dosh. :wink:

It has been a couple of years since I showed appreciation and support other than buying my annual mug....:redface:

This year, a great e-friend :biggrin: of mine stepped up and volunteered his time and effort to host some of the auctions we have to raise some cash by selling wonderful donated items to our membership. Starting tonight !!:eek:

I figured if my buddy could do it, then so should I !!!:biggrin:

The only thing I have to offer is my handy work......pens. I looked through my entire collection and eventually decided that it just HAD to be the set I made based on my interpretations of the iconic replacements for the World Trade Center buildings.

The inspiration for making these came from the sheer determination that not only was shown by Americans, but by the the entire world, that we would NEVER be defeated or intimidated by others.

It took me some time to make the set. I made the first one WTC1 and while celebrating my wonderful wife's and my 25th ( Silver ) Anniversary and actually visiting the site in New York, I decided that I had to make the second pen. This of course was based on WTC2.
Then of course it had to have the base.

To a certain extent, the base was even more symbolic of memory of all the souls that perished. It, with a bit of artistic license, is my interpretation of Lower Manhattan and includes the Memorial Pools.

I have no idea how worthy they are or where in the world they will eventually end up.

So.....let's kick start their journey to wherever they will end up by digging deep into some pockets and at least get them on the correct side of the pond, and at the same time, help support the site that actually made their creation possible.

I posted several threads of them when each of them was finished, but this one shows the complete set.

Some auctions get a bit out of reach for most of us, but if you know someone that may have the means, then please let them know. :wink::biggrin:

Attached are some pics of the full set.

BTW.... they will of course be sent foc and insured by courier for the full auction value...:wink:

Good luck with the auctions guys !!:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF1781.JPG
    DSCF1781.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF1784.JPG
    DSCF1784.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF1785.JPG
    DSCF1785.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF1789.JPG
    DSCF1789.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

This year, a great e-friend :biggrin: of mine stepped up and volunteered his time and effort to host some of the auctions we have to raise some cash by selling wonderful donated items to our membership. Starting tonight !!:eek:

Wait a minute, what happened to Chuck? I thought he was doing the auctions.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Wait a minute, what happened to Chuck? I thought he was doing the auctions.:biggrin:
DOWN IN FRONT!! We can't see the screen!! :mad::biggrin::tongue:

jttheclockman

Steven

I admired these pens as you did them. I got the message you sent when you were doing them and why. This was a tragedy that hit us all. At that time I had mentioned they should be part of the museum there. I will put my meager bid in but i know I will not be able to afford them. But I do know these should bring some big numbers in and I do hope they go to a home that enjoys and appreciates the work and the message that went into making them.

You have been a member here for quite some time and your work ethic shows through in every project you post. Many of us mere mortals just wish we could accomplish a percentage of what you can do. Your wit and willingness to share your knowledge rings out here. You are a person that many people look up to.

This generous gift is just a symbol of what a person you are. It is a pleasure to see these again and I am looking forward to watching this auction. Thanks for doing this. Good luck to all.

Top Bottom