For The Fly Fishermen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rd_ab_penman

At the upcoming 2012 Red Deer Sportsman and Outdoor Adventure Show. I sold out of these last year, so I will be making around 20 of these.

Cast in Polyester Resin, sanded to 400x, buffed with super fine steel wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.

These will all end up on some Titanium Gold/Black Titanium and Black Titanium/Platinum Elegant Beauties.

Les

TiedFliesandFeathers.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marksman

Very cool! Fly fishing was a past hobby of mine...until I started messing with pens :biggrin: Nice job.

wiset1

I love the weekends...I always get to see amazing looking creations like these. Fantastic work and I can't wait to see them on the kits.

ve3bax

those are awesome!

i love fly fishing, and in high school fly fishing and fly tying were pretty much all i did once i got finished with the school work (and a lot of the time before i got finished with the school work :biggrin:)

--Dave

W.Y.

Fantastic work as usual Les .

Little wonder that they sell good and I hope you get a good price for them.
So nice to see them done with the real natural color of the feathers as compared to dyed ones that we sometimes see on some sites. .

Those tiny fish hook flies in there look awesome.

drgoretex

Holy smokes those are nice! Man, I love fly fishing. I'm gonna have to buy one of those off you sooner or later...

Ken

IPD_Mrs

So nice to see them done with the real natural color of the feathers as compared to dyed ones that we sometimes see on some sites. .

Those tiny fish hook flies in there look awesome.

Hey now don't pick on dyed feathers - the fish will eat those too! :eek: Besides some of the most eye-popping birds in nature have the most brilliant colors on them (of course it would be illegal to have some of those feathers) so replicating this "naturally occurring beauty" isn't a bad thing at all :)

Linda

RHossack

Bill ... I'd like to know the sites that use a combination of dyed feather and flies as I'd like to see some of these.

I personally could care less if the feathers are dyed or natural as long as the work is first class like these. Now to get Les a Vise so he can tie his own size 28+ flies :biggrin:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Bill ... I'd like to know the sites that use a combination of dyed feather and flies as I'd like to see some of these.
Same here! Let's name names! We are all woodworking friends here. Seems like you know something we don't!

W.Y.

OOPPSS , that was a typo .
I did not mean a combination of dyed feathers and flies. Only dyed feathers.

No need to post links back to sites that they are on . Most pen turners already know and so far I have only seen them in three different sites.

biednick

Those look great, I just have a few questions. First, how do you glue the feathers on the tube? also, how big do you thing the biggest fly you could use on one of these would be? My cousin, uncle and I are all flyfishers, so I would love to make a few of these.
Thanks!

jaywood1207

OOPPSS , that was a typo .
I did not mean a combination of dyed feathers and flies. Only dyed feathers.

No need to post links back to sites that they are on . Most pen turners already know and so far I have only seen them in three different sites.

Quit with the cheap shots then.

Nice looking blanks Les. Hope you do well at the show.

tubes

At the upcoming 2012 Red Deer Sportsman and Outdoor Adventure Show. I sold out of these last year, so I will be making around 20 of these.

Cast in Polyester Resin, sanded to 400x, buffed with super fine steel wool and polished with Huts Ultra Gloss.

These will all end up on some Titanium Gold/Black Titanium and Black Titanium/Platinum Elegant Beauties.

Les

TiedFliesandFeathers.jpg
those are reaaly nice. What pen do they go on?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Les

TiedFliesandFeathers.jpg
those are reaaly nice. What pen do they go on?
Elegant Beauties...read post #1!:)

Top Bottom