For the Fishermen: Reel Seats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

LanceD

Kept busy for the last couple of days making some reel seats for a show in Feb. Trying to get ahead early and hope to have about a hundred of them made by then.

All of the acrylics came from various vendors from the forum including El Mostro, Exotics, Ankrom and a couple of others I can't remember at the moment.

Click on thumbnail for a larger view and thanks for looking, and for any comments.

DSCN1684.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

Any thoughts on a tutorial? I would not mind making a set for my own use, they look pretty awesome, great job!!

LanceD

Very cool! Where are you getting the hardware from?

+1
what about making them? ex. bushings, assembly, etc.

they look great by the way

Don't use bushings, just the hardware. Use a 4'' piece and drill a 1/2'' hole, then cut a tenon on each side for the seat hoods will slip over them. I had some 1/2' mandrels made 8' long just for the seats.

mrcook4570

Outstanding work, Lance!

Now just need to mount one on a 1pc 7'6" MH mod to mod-fast 15#-45# eglass rod with stainless guides and send it my way :wink:

LanceD

Here is the photo of the turnrd insert with the seat hood and threaded barrel. Just turn a short tenon on one end and a longer one on the threaded end and turn to fit. Total length is 4''. No bushings needed as I use the hardware to get the correct fit.

Attachments

• DSCN1688.jpg
    DSCN1688.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 136
Top Bottom