For sentimental reasons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micah

Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

A couple weeks ago I was down at my father-in-laws helping with some cleaning out of his workshop. He is planing on moving in a short while and I will be inheriting it and needed to go through some of the things.
In the process we ran across a box of small things that his father (passed about 3yrs ago) had built in his workshop along with a few small slabs of aromatic cedar. The Cedar came from a tree that he had planted and grown in their front yard many years ago. For one reason or another he decided to cut it down before they moved to a new home and use some of it for his hobbies. Most of it is gone, or in differant forms, but I did end up with about 4, 7" round slabs that are about 1" thick. Well, what would you do?!?;)
This one is for my father-in-law. You really can't tell from the pic, but it has a wonderfull irredecent look to on opposite sides.
10K Soft Grip
dsc014090gh.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charles

Good looking pen and best of all it has sentimental value, making it worth a lot to you and your family. Way to go, Especially on pen choice, "comfort" style. It just sounds fitting for family cared for wood. [:)]

micah

Thanks for all the nice comments!
I chose the comfort style for this pen because I wanted him to use it. At least I hope he will. I have made him the larger pens before, Baron, cigar, ect., but he likes the smaller ones to stick in his shirt pocket. He says he puts the others up to keep. I told him I won't give him any more!!![:(!] Unless he starts using them![;)] Hopefully this will be a good size for him.
Thanks again!
Micah

BigRob777

Micah,
I love the sentiment that goes with this beatuiful pen. My personal use pen is the same kit (my very first pen, which is made from curly maple). I love the C. Grip feel and it does look good with many wood choices, especially this one. I hope you used a tough finish.

Very nice.
Rob

micah

Thanks Rob.
It's actually got 2 coats of thin CA at 400gr, then after MM to 12000 it has 2 coats thin CA then 3 coats thick. Hope it's enough.[^]

Micah

Randy_

Originally posted by micah
<br />.....I wanted him to use it. At least I hope he will......I told him I won't give him any more!!![:(!] Unless he starts using them.....

This might be the first million dollar pen ever posted on IAP. At least, I'll bet your FIL thinks so!! Why don't you make him another identical pen to "USE?" Then he wouldn't have to worry about losing the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom